Current Data Sources
- An error occurred. If the problem persists, please contact support.
All reports identify sources of data and time periods covered.
The following is additional information about various data sources:
- Medicare Cost Reports
- The Healthcare Cost Report Information System (HCRIS) dataset contains the most recent version (i.e. as submitted, settled, reopened) of each cost report filed with CMS (formerly HCFA) since federal FY 1996. The dataset consists of every data element included in the HCRIS extract created for CMS by a provider's fiscal intermediary. Cost reports are filed annually by facilities according to their individual reporting years. This dataset is updated quarterly by CMS. All Financial Information reports based on cost report data indicate a facility's fiscal year(s) in the column headers.
- Nursing Home Compare
Nursing Home Compare is a federal website that has detailed information about every Medicare and Medicaid-certified nursing home in the country.
Why Should I Subscribe?
Detailed online reports and online Medicare cost reports provide important information about skilled nursing facilities and their performance:
- Facility Characteristics
- 5 Yrs of Financial Statements
- 5 Yrs Utilization Data (RUGs)
- 5 Yrs Key Financial Indicators
- Individual cost reports
What Do I Get?
Look up facilities using expanded search features and download reports to Excel or PDF formats. In addition to the free SNF Profile you also get detailed online reports and online Medicare cost reports.
Check It Out
You can view all reports without a subscription ... but the data values are replaced with "###". This lets you see all report formats and even what fields are available for a particular facility.