Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I obtain mailing lists or telephone contact lists?
- For information on obtaining contact data please visit our Custom Reports and Datasets section.
- How can I obtain files or special reports based on data from your site?
- For information on obtaining datasets or special reports please visit our Custom Reports and Datasets section.
- What are the sources of data?
Most of the data reported by SNFdata are taken from public use files obtained from the Health Care Financing Administration. Sources include:
- The Medicare Cost Report file contains cost, statistical, financial and other information from the Medicare Hospital Cost Reports submitted for Medicare certified skilled nursing facilities.
- Nursing Home Compare is a federal website that contains information about nursing homes.
- See Current Data Sources for more detail.
- How do I know whether the data are accurate?
- SNFdata takes reasonable steps to report data as they appear in public use files. There are no warranties, however, regarding accuracy or suitability for a particular purpose.
- Why aren't there more recent financial data for a facility?
- SNF cost reports are submitted to Fiscal Intermediaries about three months after the end of a facility's fiscal year. The processing lag time is generally at least 6 months before it becomes available in public files. During times of change in the Medicare program the processing times can be much longer. We update our files once each quarter when public files are updated. See recent updates for the number of facilities by fiscal year following the latest update.
- What if I have technical questions about the data?
- Questions about data can be directed to support@SNFdata.com and will be answered as quickly as possible.
- Can I share my subscription with other people?
- SNFdata subscriptions have been designed and priced for single users. There are controls that prevent simultaneous usage by more than one person using the same password. There are also controls that prevent unreasonably high levels of usage for a single password. (Discounts are available for multiple users within an organization. For more information please see subscription information or contact support@SNFdata.com).
- What if I'm not satisfied with my subscription?
- SNFdata wants to ensure that all subscribers are satisfied with the quality and accessibility of services. If you encounter problems, please let us know. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
Why Should I Subscribe?
Detailed online reports and online Medicare cost reports provide important information about skilled nursing facilities and their performance:
- Facility Characteristics
- 5 Yrs of Financial Statements
- 5 Yrs Utilization Data (RUGs)
- 5 Yrs Key Financial Indicators
- Individual cost reports
What Do I Get?
Look up facilities using expanded search features and download reports to Excel or PDF formats. In addition to the free SNF Profile you also get detailed online reports and online Medicare cost reports.
Check It Out
You can view all reports without a subscription ... but the data values are replaced with "###". This lets you see all report formats and even what fields are available for a particular facility.